Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Elton John Oscar Viewing Party - 2011

What an exciting night! No Betty White, and no photo with Elton, but it was amazing
THIS VIDEO IS A MUST SEE!

Okay - it's a bit long - but *I* think it's worth watching. And you get a 'feel' for what it was like to be there. (Especially if you do a few vodka shots first.) *** Note to self: stop turning the camera on said self. It's annoying! ***
As seen on ' The Jimmy Kimmel Show' - and I guess 'GMA'


 On the red carpet! (Kind of.) Elton John's Oscar Viewing Party begins!





 First of many, many drinks.


 Ross the intern - I checked in with him all night - he tolerated me very well. To my face.


 Gary and Cyrus filling out their ballots - I didn't bother.
Yay!
Before the sun went down.
 This was the 'gift' bag - one little box. Hardly 'swag.'

ROOMMATES!


 John Waters! He posed for this 'cuz I promised I'd buy his book. (I won't). We talked about Divine, and some of his movies.
 
PAUL RUDD! I ran up to him and said, "Hi!!!" like I knew him or something. I think I freaked him out.
Me: I hope this doesn't offend you, but people always say that we resemble each other.
Paul: I don't see it. I never know who I look like.
Me: I don't either. I've been a fan of yours since 'Sisters.'
Paul: Oh my God!



 Steven Tyler was really nice - and kind of feminine looking ...

 'True Blood's' Ryan Kwanten
Eric Stonestreet - Cam from 'Modern Family' - was was nice, but not overly - his wife is very pretty and sweet.

THE room
 Kyle MacLachlan is awesome. We are 're-enacting' his bit from 'How I Met Your Mother.'
He'll always be Trey from 'Sex and the City' to me!

Hayden Panettiere is cool - I hung out with her, and her friend Brian probably more than they wanted me to ;-)
'Glee'! Sandwiched between Chris Colfer and Ashley Fink.  They were both great.(Watch the video clip of us!)
Out table.


WHY did I not go behind them? I could have been on 'Leno'!


Love Tori Spelling. We bonded 'cuz she loves the gays and we're both Jewish. Ha! And she hugged me. Awwww.

Heidi Klum is a goddess. I spoke with her later.
Me: Heidi! You were so sweet to me last year. My favorite photo was the one of you, Victoria Beckham and me.
Heidi: May I see it?
 ::: she patiently waited while I found it - and she loved it :::
While we spoke, Gwyneth Paltrow was on-screen singing
Heidi: May I ask what you think of her singing?
Paul: I don't know. I mean, I guess she's not awful but it's weird.
Heidi: Yes.
   I kept telling how sweet she is, and she said, "Not always." Who is???

Candis Cayne was awesome. We spoke a lot but it's kind of a blur. I do remember her saying that Billy Baldwin is really nice.

Mr. Shue from 'Glee'
::: later that night by the bar :::
Me: Hey! I guess Sue Sylvester was right - you drink too much!

I didn't actually meet Kim Kardashian - but I took a funny video clip of her

Access Hollywood has labeled me an 'Over-eager' fan'! Bawhaha! (Click to check it out!)  

AND then check out what I was really doing HERE.  


Elton John was a lot friendlier last year!
Gary chasing Elton!

How many photos do I need of 'Jason Stackhouse'? As many as possible!
David Annable from 'Brothers & Sisters' was one of - if not the nicest people I met that night.
Me: So, I met Rachel Griffiths a few years ago. Is she crazy or what?
David: Why? (laughing)
Me: She was so ... mean and ... weird - I can't even begin to tell you!
David: That's not like her - maybe she was playing with you?
Kim and Maria Menounos ('Today'/'Access Hollywood'.) Not sure if I took this before or after I was labeled a stalker ;-) 
Candis and Peter Paige ('Queer as Folk.')


Chase Crawford! Just love this guy. He made my niece's day by saying hello to her in a video clip.
I hung out with these two a LOT. He's producing Melissa Leo's next movie, so he was thrilled she won.

Anyone know who this is? Me neither!

LOVE Leah Remini. I lied and said I think she's great on 'The Talk' (never saw it) but I did love 'King of Queens.' I almost asked her why she's a Scientologist, but I didn't - thankfully!
My buddy (ha) Shawn Pyfrom - 'Desperate Housewives'. Like last year, I ran into him a lot.
No clue who this is ...



Sundown!
Vanessa Hudgens - where was Zac Efron???






Elton performs!

Is that Lance Bass on the end? I saw him a lot that night but didn't say anything to him. (That I remember!)

Cheryl Tiegs? Lance Bass? Over-served much, Paul?


Oops!


I told Gale Harold that I was a fan of his work on 'Queer as Folk' and 'Desperate Housewives.' I didn't ask for a photo WITH him 'cuz he turned me down in 2006 and I'm still bitter.
Cyrus and Gary were ready to go ... and I NEEDED to go! Nine hours of an open bar was enough!
My limo is ready! 

6 comments:

  1. XXOO, great blog! You never said why Jane Lynch was not nice....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was upset that Jane wouldn't pose for a photo, but you know, that's her right. I take it back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she was just so tall she couldn't see you when she was rushing by. It was like she wouldn't even look your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But earlier in the evening, I was talking to Jane Lynch - she was at her table, sitting down. So then, *I* was taller ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet Gale would pose with you now; he's a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lottelein - yes - he was very nice when we spoke.

    ReplyDelete